CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Grandma Turns 80!


Grandma turns 80 years old on Jan. 24th so give her a call and wish her "Happy Birthday". She has been filling her days crocheting a table cloth for Cathy since hers is worn out and she is excited to start crocheting 3 baby outfits for 3 little girls that will be joining the big clan that started with her and Grandpa. Just so you know, Grandma got sick right after Christmas with a terrible cold but is now on the mend. She made a visit to the doctor for some meds and she is doing good. Too bad you didn't know she was sick sooner so she could describe to you how runny her nose was. It made me laugh and gag at the same time. She decorated her house so cute for Christmas and Kevin helped her put up lights in her yard. The yard looked festive when she remembered to turn on the lights. I think I saw her lights on once and I turned them on. When the weather is warmer I'll clean up the lights and we'll do it again next year. Grandma is looking forward for her birthday. She is planning a lunch with her girlfriends. They go to lunch together often and she really has fun. Remind me to tell you about the time she went to lunch with her friend and ended up in a bar. Better yet, have her tell you.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!! I'm so happy you started a blog! Although, Kathy, I want to know why I am not one of her links???

Anonymous said...

I heard 80 is the new 40.

Holly said...

Yay Grandma! Love you!

Holly said...

Yeah, Oprah said so, so it must be true. Happy new 40 grandma!

Holly said...

You've been tagged! check my blog.

Ashlee Raubach said...

Happy Birthday on Thursday! I sent you a xmas card and it got returned to me!!! Im so sorry that it didnt get to you this year. But, check out my blog for updated pics! Kyle and Brittany's blog address is http://kpxfamily.blogspot.com/. check it out! Love you and I'll talk to you soon!

Kyle Peterson said...

Hey Grandma, This is Kyle and Britt. We miss you soo much, hope that we can make it up to see you in the near future. I hope that you have a wonderfully enjoyable birthday, and we love you so much and miss you.

You know if the weather gets to you, you can always come crash at our place in sunny San Diego, you're always welcome. Love you!!!!!!

Shelby, Korri & Co. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!! We're so excited to see your blog. And that's a big cat you have!! We have a big cat too. It's the only way to go.-love you, Shelby, Korri and Max.

Jennie B. said...

Yeah GRANDMA!!! I'm so happy you entered into the blogging world! I had some of your cranberry bread yesterday and it was THE BEST! Thank you. I even stashed a loaf in the freezer for myself. Don't tell my dad. I love you!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Grandma!!! We love and miss you so much! Can't wait to see you for the party :) You make 80 look amazing!

Love, Natalie and Ben and the monkeys

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!! Love you

Mary Pat said...

80 and the best Lady! Love you so much. See you soon, and welcome to the world of Blogs. I love being able to check in on everyone!

Kerrie said...

Hi Grandma, I'm glad that you can now look on your blog and be able to keep in contact with your family. I hope you had a great day. 80 is pretty impressive. Happy Birthday, we love you and it was good to see you this last weekend. Hope you feel better soon.