CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Farm

Hey Grandma,

Tonight Holly and I were doing a little reminiscing about the farm in Pleasant Grove. Holly vaguely remembers it, but I remembered some things about the place and thought I'd share. I remember the "magic" birds nest above the door. Sometimes Grandpa would lift us up to see the eggs in the nest, and when there weren't eggs, we would always find money in it. He said it was a magic bird's nest. I also remember Grandpa always teasing us at the kitchen table with his pet spider that would come down from the shelf above the table. I can't remember if there really was a pretend spider on the shelf or if he just liked teasing me about one. Do you know? And for some odd reason, I remember your kitchen vinyl chairs and staring at the little round designs on them. I'm thinking that they were blue, is that right? And one of my other memories about that place was pulling out the roll away bed to sleep in front of the tv and Gena and Geniel being so excited to watch Dallas. I was too young to care about the show but was just excited to be watching it with them. Mom, how old would I have been when we visited the farm?

Anyway, I just thought I'd share some of my memories about that place, and was wondering if you would share some of your memories about the farm as well. Thanks, Grandma.

Love, Kerrie

P.S. Also if anyone else has any memories about the farm it would be fun to hear about them.

1 comments:

Grandma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.