CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mount Pleasant Memories...Top 10

What a great place. I actually drove by there about a year ago...memories came flooding back.

1) Snowball fight with Uncle Roger and Ron with snowmobiles. I was a fearful child holding on for dear life as we chased around the fields. SCARED TO DEATH!
2) Head butted by a HUGE RAM FROM HELL.
3) Grandpa's story of him launching a pitchfork at a rooster. Cock-a-doo-dle-DEAD.
4) Bathroom wallpaper with the old 1920's motif.
5) Riding for hours and hours and hours in the back of the white pick up, tucked away in sleeping bags to stay warm, just to keep asking, "are we there yet?"
6) Taking home Andy the cat! The best and only cat I have loved. He died a tragic death by broken neck thanks to our South Jordan neighbors.
7) Swinging on the tire by the pond. Or was it just a wooden swing?
8) The Hen House. (I now have 4 chickens.)
9) Grandma's good cookin
10) Being bored for hours and hours.

I wish I had more time to spend there. I was in Pennsylvania for much of the time that they owned the farm.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Okay, I just had a vague farm memory when you mentioned the white truck. Me, James, and Kerrie riding in the back. Yeah...that's about the extent of my memories of the farm. I'm curious if Paul, Mary, and Ashley have memories because they're about my age, or if I just have a really bad memory.